Steam, Tracks, Trouble & Riddles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam, Tracks, Trouble & Riddles

Forum for HL2 single player mod development

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Developing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peegee

Character Developing Empty
PostSubject: Character Developing   Character Developing I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 am

Hi friends, have some good news! cheers

As announced in moddb.com I am currently working on the characters (NPC) implementation into the source engine.
This development step, so called "milestone 4", yesterday went a big leap forward:

The modelling, rig and some basic facial expressions on the mouth of the character has been done.
Some texture-uv errors are still there, but the refinement seems much more easier than to build that rig.

The main character does not follow the structure of the common valve biped rig offered in the mod tool.
(no Legs!) That's why i had to develop and build up the rig from scratch in XSI in the way, the source engine like rigs.
That's done so far.

I intend to write a tutorial in the future about the things i learned about rig building
and custom flex animations (when i find the time and finnished this milestone in a proper way) Rolling Eyes

Thank you for your patience!
Stay tuned for next news on moddb.com with pictures and animations of the main character
of Steam, Tracks, Trouble & Riddles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.animationdesign.de

Character Developing
Page 1 of 1